miércoles, 20 de mayo de 2015

SIMONA HALEP IN ROLAND GARROS 2015. what's the next step for her?


Simona Halep has made a meteoric rise to the top of women's tennis over the last two years - 11 WTA titles, her first Grand Slam final at Roland Garros, a career-high of No.2 in the world. 

So what's the next step for the Romanian trailblazer? Winning her first Grand Slam title, of course, something she could very well achieve at the French Open, which kicks off in just five days. She came very, very close last year - she made it all the way to the final without losing a set, and then battled Maria Sharapova for more than three hours before finally going down, 6-4, 6-7(5), 6-4. 
 Halep shed a few tears before the trophy ceremony, showing just how much she wanted it - and then she showed her incredible maturity by turning it into a positive, something she explained afterwards. "I was crying at that moment for a few minutes, and then I was smiling because I told myself it was my first Grand Slam final, and I have to be happy and smile, because I did everything on court," Halep said. "I played very good tennis, a very good level, and I'm really proud about these two weeks. 
They were incredible weeks here and it was an incredible tournament. It was an amazing feeling today."

No hay comentarios: