lunes, 30 de marzo de 2015

ANA IVANOVIC OUT, LISICKI WIN´S IN MIAMI OPEN 2015


Ivanovic and Lisicki had played five times over the last year and it was Ivanovic who had far more success in those, winning four of them in straight sets and pushing the only loss to three sets. But this time the No.27-seeded Lisicki was too tough, rallying from an early break down to win the first set then digging out of a 4-1 hole in the second set to beat the No.5-seeded Ivanovic, 7-6(4), 7-5.


 Lisicki's win over the World No.6 was her first Top 10 win of the year and the 13th of her career. "I think I played really well tonight," Lisicki said. "In the beginning of the second set I stopped playing my game and my level went a little bit lower. The important thing today was to just keep playing my game, and that's what I started doing again after going down 4-1, and it worked out well." Lisicki is fresh off a semifinal run at Indian Wells - she credited her Miami run to that run. "I had a great two weeks there and I've brought that confidence with me," she said.
 "That was very important in tonight's match, especially after the last match we played. I'm happy I pulled it off." Awaiting Lisicki in the fourth round will be No.11 seed Sara Errani, who battled more than two hours to beat No.21 seed Garbiñe Muguruza, 4-6, 6-4, 6-1, winning five games in a row to close it out. Errani was in such a zone at the end she won 11 of the last 12 points of the match. Lisicki leads Errani in their head-to-head series, 3-1, Errani's lone win coming on clay. 
 "We just played last week, and I actually played her twice in a row last year as well," Lisicki said. "I'll have to be ready for that match because she's a fighter. I'm looking forward to it."

No hay comentarios: