sábado, 21 de marzo de 2015

SERENA WILLIAMS IN PRESS CONFERENCE. BNP PARIBAS OPEN 2015


Serena Williams had to withdraw from their semifinal with a right knee injury. 

"I was on the practice court and everything was going well, but literally the last two minutes I went for a serve and felt a super sharp pain in my knee," Williams explained to reporters in her press conference. 
"It was like, 'Okay,' and I served again. I felt it again. I just came off, and it hasn't been the same since. I have done everything. I have just pretty much done everything from taping to research. 
 "I even did an injection. I've never done an injection before. If this were any other event I probably wouldn't have considered it. But I wanted to give 200%. It just wasn't meant to be this year." The prognosis for the injury isn't too bad though, and Williams is hoping to compete in Miami. 



 "It's just a question of a little time," the World No.1 continued. "It's not like I need three or four weeks. I really need just a couple of days and everything will settle down. I have a tremendous amount of inflammation in my knee, and it's going to go away. Unfortunately, I just need a couple of days." 
 "It's really tough for her that she had to withdraw," Halep said. 
"I know how it is when you are injured. It's really difficult to go on court to play. It's dangerous, and you have to take care of yourself.
"You know, I cannot be happy. I cannot be sad. I just want to think that it's another final after tomorrow, and I have to stay focused, stay concentrated, and try everything on Sunday to win the title."

No hay comentarios: