jueves, 26 de marzo de 2015

SLOANE STEPHENS ADVANCES IN THE MIAMI OPEN 2015. WICKMAYER OUT


Sloane Stephens and Madison Keys, two of America’s young, rising stars, are set to go head-to-head in the second round of the 2015 Miami Open. The matchup between Stephens, 22, and Keys, 20, was solidified with Stephens’ 6-1, 6-3 win against Yanina Wickmayer in the last match on Wednesday night. 

 “I thought I played really well,” Stephens said. “I’m happy to get the win. Playing in South Florida is always great for me, so I was really pleased with the way I played. …Every match is important, but being home and having the home crowd is always nice.” The second-round matchup between Stephens and Keys will be their first meeting. 
 “Maddy is an awesome player,” Stephens said. “I know her really well. We’ve played on Fed Cup teams many a times. It’ll be an awesome match and I’m really looking forward to it.” Stephens, No. 45 in the WTA rankings, reached as high as No. 12 in 2013 after reaching the semifinals of the Australian Open, quarterfinals of Wimbledon, and fourth round of the U.S. Open and French Open.

No hay comentarios: