martes, 31 de marzo de 2015

SERENA WILLIAMS INTO QUARTER FINAL OF THE MIAMI OPEN 2015


Kuznetsova has always been a rough customer for Williams, beating her twice before, including at the French Open in 2009. The Russian is also a two-time Grand Slam champion and former World No.2. But the No.1-seeded Williams would have none of that this time, storming to a 6-2, 6-3 victory against the No.24-seeded Kuznetsova, who had taken out No.13 seed Angelique Kerber the day before. 


 "Playing Svetlana, I know she's super tough - we always have super tough matches," Williams said. "The last time we played I was just fighting my hardest and I was barely able to win, so today I knew I had to come out super super focused, and I really just tried to do the best I could out there." Williams' numbers on the match were very impressive, finishing with a +9 differential of winners to unforced errors - 29 to 20. She also fought off all four of Kuznetsova's break chances in the match. "That's a lot of winners - I'm just so happy to still be out here playing at home," she added.

No hay comentarios: