lunes, 9 de marzo de 2015

Timea Bacsinszky conquers Monterrey 2015


Bacsinszky had beaten Garcia in the Acapulco final last Saturday and for a while it looked like this one would be a flip-flop as well, with Garcia taking the opening set, 6-4, and, after Bacsinszky jumped out to a 3-1 lead in the second set, a four hour rain delay stopping her and her momentum in their tracks. 

 When play resumed at around 11:30pm, though, it seemed like Bacsinszky never really left the court. Swinging freely from both wings the No.4-seeded Swiss cruised through the rest of the second set and kept it going in the third set, eventually closing out the No.3-seeded Garcia, 4-6, 6-2, 6-4. The match ended at 12:54am, and Bacsinszky cried tears of joy during her on-court interview. 
 "I'm just really happy to play so well at the beginning of the year," Bacsinszky said in her post-match press conference. "I'm going to keep trying to push my limits in the next tournament I'm playing. I hope to keep improving all parts of my game, doesn't matter whether 
I'm winning or losing. "I always just want to be a better tennis player, and be a better person too."

No hay comentarios: