viernes, 27 de marzo de 2015

NEWS MIAMI OPEN 2015: SERENA WILLIAMS


Serena Williams is 33 years old. 
 Many of the women across the net, the players she regularly interacts with in lounges and locker rooms, are teenagers. You wonder if Williams, two decades into a historic tenure of tennis, feels old. “I always look at it and I’m like, ‘I have been on the tour a hundred years,’” she joked. No, she doesn’t feel 33, she said. 
She definitely doesn’t feel older than the rest of WTA players. “I definitely listen to the same music,” Williams noted. “You know, I try to keep myself current. I say the current words like ‘fleek.’ I’m on top of it.
” Williams laughed as the last two sentences spilled out. She has kept up with her peers in pop culture. Meanwhile, they’re all still chasing her on the court. Twenty years after she turned pro, Serena Williams is atop the world rankings. She’ll begin her quest for an eighth Miami Open championship Friday night against Monica Niculescu, dealing with an ailing knee, but as imposing as ever. “I mean, she’s 33. It’s impressive, you know?,” said the world’s fifth-ranked player and good friend Caroline Wozniacki.
 “Everyone can argue who’s the greatest player of all time, but Serena, if she’s not the greatest, she’s definitely one of them. What she’s done for the sport and how well she has been playing for so many years is impressive.” 
 “She’s my inspiration, because even though she’s the best player out there, she still wants to get better. She wants to achieve more.”

No hay comentarios: