sábado, 14 de marzo de 2015

Chris Evert was immortalized with a mural in her image at the BNP Paribas Open 2015


Chris Evert, the WTA's first World No.1 and an 18-time Grand Slam champion, was immortalized with a mural in her image at the BNP Paribas Open in Indian Wells.

Since the earliest days to the toughest days of the BNP Paribas Open, tennis legend Chris Evert has been a nurturing figure in building the event to the largest ATP World Tour and WTA Tour combined event in the world. It was only appropriate that Evert was honored by the BNP Paribas Open on Friday with the second legend’s mural, joining John McEnroe. 
In the fourth year of the women’s tournament, the tournament was known as the Evert Cup to honor the recently retired star. The tournament carried Evert’s name on it from 1992-99. "I loved it,” said Evert, who had a home in the area during those days. “After I retired and I had a tournament in my name? I loved it and it was in Palm Springs.”

No hay comentarios: