lunes, 16 de marzo de 2015

SERENA WILLIAMS INTO 4 ROUND OF THE BNP PARIBAS OPEN 2015


It was business as usual for Serena Williams on Sunday at the BNP Paribas Open as she beat 28th-seed Zarina Diyas 6-2, 6-0 in 53 minutes to advance to the fourth round. 


It was Williams’ first match since her emotionally charged return on Friday night in front of a record crowd at the Indian Wells Tennis Garden. The world’s No. 1 player struggled against the tricky Monica Niculescu before winning 7-5, 7-5 to extend her winning streak to 13. “It definitely felt back to normal out there. (I’m) just trying to feel the rhythm and trying to focus on the ball more than anything else,” Williams said. 
“But (Saturday) was super relaxing, and it was good to have a day off to have a chance to prepare for my next match.” Instead of primetime, Williams was playing in the warm afternoon against Diyas, who had more of a tradition style. Williams had five aces and constantly pressured Diyas’ serve, converting six6 of 12 break opportunities. Diyas, going for too much, had seven double faults. Williams had 16 winners and 20 unforced errors. Diyas only had two winners and 27 unforced errors. With fewer errors, Williams said that also helped her get back to focusing on the tournament and just playing tennis. 
 “I think I was able to relax because I was able to do more of the right things and not make as many mistakes as I did in my last round,” Williams said. “I think with that, that helped me to relax a little bit.” It is Williams’ first time back at the BNP Paribas Open since winning the title in 2001. She is also the last American to win the prestigious title.

No hay comentarios: