viernes, 9 de enero de 2015

WOZNIACKI ADVANCES TO FINAL IN AUCKLAND 2015


Wozniacki, the No.1 seed, was the first to advance and she was the one with the much tougher day, battling two hours and 35 minutes to edge No.4 seed Barbora Zahlavova Strycova, 4-6, 6-3, 6-4. 

 Zahlavova Strycova's mix of offense and defense - big serves and frequent net rushing combined with consistency from the baseline - troubled Wozniacki from start to finish, and particularly at the start, as she built a 6-4, 2-0 lead. But the Dane found her rhythm just in time, winning 10 of the next 13 games to take the second set build a 4-2 lead in the third set, and she never really looked back again. "She's a tricky player to play because she doesn't give you much rhythm," Wozniacki said. "She comes to the net, she mixes the pace - I think she played really well today. For me it was about just staying in the match. I didn't start off too well, I didn't really feel the depth of the ball that I wanted to. 
But I started playing better as it went on, and I think she did too. I just had to kind of get going out there."

No hay comentarios: