martes, 20 de enero de 2015

VENUS WILLIAMS ADVANCES INTO AUSTRALIAN OPEN 2015. DAY 2.


The 18th seed powered past the world No.89, dropping as many games as her opponent has names at Hisense Arena. Her 20 winners were exactly double the Spaniard’s in the 6-2 6-2 dismissal. 



 Juggling a host of off-court interests, including a clothing line and studying a business course, Williams is in dangerous form coming off a 46th career singles title in Auckland. Little question she was far more at ease with the task before her on court Tuesday than with her head buried in a book, come study time.
“It's hard because when you go to school on distance education, you have a ton of tools, but you have to be very disciplined and you have a ton more work. I literally mean an actual ton. It's very challenging,” Williams said. “I don't like bad grades, so I have to have really good grades.
 So I put a lot of pressure on myself. It is so much work. It's a lot of work. So I'm through accounting now, so I feel anything else is going to be a breeze.” A runner-up at the Australian Open to her sister Serena 12 years ago, the 34-year-old has only reached two quarterfinals since at Melbourne Park. Her first-round crash against Ekaterina Makarova last year was her earliest defeat. 
 But fit and healthy again, Williams is exuding more confidence than she has in years, and an ideal Australian Open preparation is reaping results. Williams was able to draw a parallel between the grind of competing on tour and making it through her accounting exams. “I love the information. I don't like to do the work, so I don't know, I guess that's the same thing,” she said. 
“Yes, I like matches. Does anyone love practice? 
Probably not. So it's probably the same concept.” Her countrywoman Lauren Davis – with two fewer names than Torro-Flor’s full name – is next

No hay comentarios: