sábado, 24 de enero de 2015

madison keys advances; kvitova out. Australian Open 2015. Press Conference


Q. I know you've been waiting for that moment for a while. What was it like? What were the keys for you? MADISON KEYS: I mean, it was just one of those matches where she's obviously a great player and I knew I was going to have to play my best to beat her. And I just tried to stay solid and consistently keep doing what I was trying to do. Then that last game, you know, I just went out and just kept telling myself to make my first serve, and I did. So really happy I was able to pull out that win. 
 Q. What do you think you did better tonight? 
 MADISON KEYS: I think I was just a little bit more disciplined this time. I think, you know, on shots that I, you know, maybe would have changed up the line or gone for a higher a shot, I was a little bit smarter, maybe played with a bigger margin. I think that kind of helped me out. 


 Q. How nervous were you? 
 MADISON KEYS: I was pretty nervous, but then at the same time I was also weirdly calm right before I served. So that last game, I just, you know, stayed in the moment and kept playing the next point and didn't let myself think about it. 
 Q. You broke her fairly easily today, were able to handle the pace. Were you surprised how well you were managing all that? 
 MADISON KEYS: We've been working on returns a lot. That was definitely an area that I was trying to get better. And I think I just came in and I was so focused because I knew she had such a great serve and I knew it's such a weapon for her. I was really just trying to get every return into play. And I was able to do it. I think it was just one of those nights where I was kind of feeling it and I just went with it and I didn't question it. 
 Q. What does this victory do for you? 
 MADISON KEYS: Obviously this is my first time in the second week of a Grand Slam. I feel good about it. I feel like I've made a lot of improvements. You know, all that. But at the same time it's one of those things where I want more. I want to keep doing better. So I'm not really getting ahead of myself and letting myself get too excited over this. I'm just treating it like another win. You know, I'll have a practice again tomorrow to get ready for the next round.

No hay comentarios: