martes, 13 de enero de 2015

Simona Halep has had to withdraw from the Apia International Sydney due to a GI illness


Simona Halep, who was to be the No.1 seed at the Apia International Sydney, has withdrawn from the Premier event ahead of her opening match due to gastrointestinal illness. 

 "We're sorry to receive the news that Simona has had to withdraw from the tournament due to illness and we wish her a speedy recovery in time for the Australian Open," Alistair MacDonald, the Tournament Director in Sydney, said. "We look forward to welcoming her back to Sydney next year." Halep was set to play Karolina Pliskova at 1pm local time Tuesday but met the press in the morning to make the announcement. She was replaced in the draw by American lucky loser Nicole Gibbs. 
 "During the tournament in China I got this problem in my stomach," said Halep, who, after winning the title in Shenzhen three days ago, mentioned she was feeling a little bit sick before the final. "I didn't play for three days. I was waiting until today to see if I was ready to play again, but I feel like I cannot play. It's tough to play a tournament like this so unfortunately I decided to withdraw."

No hay comentarios: