domingo, 11 de enero de 2015

Wildcard Hantuchova into Hobart 2015


The New Year is not quite two weeks old and Daniela Hantuchova has already racked up a couple of firsts. In Auckland the former world No.5 had a go at SUP yoga – striking poses on a surfboard out on the water, for the uninitiated – and although she admitted to falling into the lake once, she was instantly hooked. 

 “It was so much fun,” she said. “I’ve always wanted to do it but I never had the time – I didn’t want to leave! “At first I wasn’t sure if I would be able to stand up on the thing and there we are, doing yoga poses. It’s actually a good workout, especially for your core.” And now for another first – a debut appearance at the Hobart International. 
Hantuchova accepted a wildcard to join a competitive field featuring Casey Dellacqua, Sloane Stephens and Heather Watson in the build-up to the Australian Open, and has enjoyed her first few days in Tasmania. “It’s nice to come to a place that I’ve never been before, even after 15 years on the tour,” said the 31-year-old during a tour of the Salamanca Markets in downtown Hobart.

No hay comentarios: