martes, 27 de enero de 2015

EKATERINA MAKAROVA ADVANCES TO SEMIFINALS OF THE AUSTRALIAN OPEN 2015


Q. How did you feel the match turned in your favor? At the beginning it was close, and at the end you kept winning every game. 
 EKATERINA MAKAROVA: Well, I just tried to stay solid and to play my game. She's a tough opponent, and I lost to her already two years ago. She doesn't miss a lot, so every point we had really tough one and really long one. I tried to be more aggressive more to win this point because she never miss and she never give up. So I tried to stay solid and to keep my game. 
 Q. Two Grand Slam semifinals in a row now. Do you feel comfortable this deep into a tournament now? 
 EKATERINA MAKAROVA: Yes, I do. Yeah, I don't know, I'm so comfortable here. It's all atmosphere and all that maybe memories from New York. I bring it here. It's really, like, enjoying really nice time for me. 
 Q. How much do you think your doubles success at the Grand Slams has helped in the singles now making you feel more comfortable into the semifinals and quarterfinals? 
 EKATERINA MAKAROVA: Well, I don't think that doubles helps me to understand that situation in quarters and in semis. It's a different situation. We have such fun with Elena. She's a great person, and I'm really enjoying to play with her. I've been before so many times in the quarters. I need some time to used to it, to understand that it's a little bit different game starting on that level. So now I'm pretty understanding how it is, and I'm so happy that I came through today. 



 Q. Does the doubles ever get in the way? You play again this afternoon. I imagine would be easier to recover and relax than play again today. 
 EKATERINA MAKAROVA: Well, I don't know. I want to go and play my doubles. I will practice some shots which I need to practice. It's nice time. I think I will have a rest tomorrow. So that's good schedule for me. 
 Q. You were saying the other day how you feel shy as a person. Does that affect you on the tennis court? Do you feel nervous out there? It seems like you're playing very confidently. 
EKATERINA MAKAROVA: No, I'm not shy on the tennis court. It's a big stage. It's different, yeah, maybe situation when I'm sitting here and you are asking me questions. But over there, yeah, I'm showing my best tennis. That's what I'm really love to do and for what I'm living actually. It's really enjoyable time out there.

No hay comentarios: