martes, 20 de enero de 2015

VICTORIA AZARENKA INTO 2 ROUND OF THE AUSTRALIAN OPEN 2015. PRESS CONFERENCE


Q. I guess you're pretty happy with your performance today. 
 VICTORIA AZARENKA: Yes. 

 Q. How did you feel? 
 VICTORIA AZARENKA: I felt pretty good. I think from the beginning I started to be pretty focused and just maintained that intensity. So that was a good opportunity to just really at the beginning take my chances because she's the kind of player that likes to take her chances. There is still a lot to build from here. 

 Q. Was it easier to deal with the first round because you had a tough opponent? I mean focus-wise? VICTORIA AZARENKA: No. I think the focus, especially on the first match, is going to be the same. It's very important to just get into a tournament and see how it is and really when you go out there you see how you feel. Because the practice can feel good, can feel not good, but the real test is in the match. 


 Q. How did you use the time between Brisbane and here? Try some new things? Working hard? What was your schedule? 
VICTORIA AZARENKA: Well, obviously I just wanted to -- I think the match in Brisbane was a good start for me and to really build from that and tweak a few things and really just try to get even more practice play. I didn't get to play any tournaments, so I really just wanted to play more practice sets and play more games to really just adjust, to get my reaction a little bit more ready in the match play. 

 Q. Is it fair to compare your match in Brisbane and here, how much better your tennis is in a short period? VICTORIA AZARENKA: I think it's tricky because it's such different circumstances and very different opponents. So I just -- what I would like to think about it is that it's a better start for me, obviously. That I really went for the shots and I took those opportunity that I may have not in my first match, in Brisbane. So that's a little step forward. I just want to take it and try to just build from here because it's what I need, is matches and match play, et cetera, et cetera. 

 Q. No little aches and pains anywhere? 
 VICTORIA AZARENKA: No, I'm good.

No hay comentarios: