lunes, 19 de enero de 2015

EUGENIE BOUCHARD WIN IN 1 ROUND OF THE AUSTRALIAN OPEN 2015. PRESS CONFERENCE


Q. Good to come through the first round of a Grand Slam with a good victory like that? 
 EUGENIE BOUCHARD: Yeah, I mean, I think the first round is always tough, especially at the beginning of the season. So I'm happy I was able to stay pretty solid. I think she played pretty well. That's something I guess I have to expect. Now often players will kind of go for it and play a really good level against me. Yeah, I'm happy I stayed calm out there and pretty solid. 
 Q. How did you find Margaret Court Arena as a venue? 
 EUGENIE BOUCHARD: Really cool. It's a cute little stadium. I think there was good atmosphere on the court. Makes playing so much more fun. I don't know if the fans have fun, but we certainly have fun. 


 Q. Did you always feel control out there? 
 EUGENIE BOUCHARD: You know, I was just kind of focused on every point. It was definitely kind of a tougher back-and-forth battle in the second. But I just stayed calm and I knew once I got a chance I would try to take it, and that's what I did at the end of the second. I had to kind of weather the storm a little bit when she'd serve well or go for her shots. A couple times she could string together a couple good points. 
 Q. When you were a junior, being a twin yourself, what do you make of the Pliskova sisters? Do you ever think of what it would be like if your twin was on tour? 
 EUGENIE BOUCHARD: First of all, this reminds me of the announcer. When I was on court he mentioned my twin sister, Beatrice. It was super weird. He even mentioned like Prince Andrew and stuff. I'm doing overheads and I'm like, Did he just say Prince Andrew? Like what does that have to do with my tennis career? I don't know what that was about. I think I'll talk to them. I don't know. (Smiling). But, yeah, I mean, well, my twin sister started with me when I was five and she retired at six. I never had the chance to think about, Oh, this would be cool if we could travel on tour together. It ended pretty quickly for her. But, yeah, I think it's really cool to have like so many successful people like that in one family. But I think it would be tough, as well, if you would ever play against each other. I look at the Williams sisters. I don't know if I'd be able to do it. It's so tough to, I don't know, compete against someone like that, who you want them to win just as much as you want to win. I don't know. I think it's good that she doesn't play tennis.

No hay comentarios: