jueves, 19 de marzo de 2015

SERENA WILLIAMS INTO SEMIS OF THE BNP PARIBAS OPEN 2015


The No.27-seeded Bacsinszky had been in the zone for weeks - that 15-match winning streak included back-to-back WTA titles in Acapulco and Monterrey and three more wins here. It looked like she might threaten Williams, as well, as she broke in the first game of the match and rode that to a 3-1 lead. 


 But the No.1-seeded Williams had her own winning streak going, 14 in a row coming into this match, and she battled back to keep it alive, beating Bacsinszky for her own 15th win in a row, 7-5, 6-3. "I played well, but sometimes playing well isn't enough against Serena," Bacsinszky said. "I think I was giving her a hard time, so I give all the credit to her - she was just stronger out there today." Bacsinszky was more solid in the match, committing 22 unforced errors to Williams' 31, but Williams was just too aggressive - she had more than twice as many winners as Bacsinszky, 23 to 11. "She was on a winning streak, so I was like, 'I hope I win tonight, because she hasn't lost in a really long time!'" Williams said on court. "But she has a great future. 
She's already making a future now." The World No.1 then addressed her adoring fans in the crowd. "I'm just happy to still be here playing in front of you guys. It's completely unexpected. I can't believe I'm still here and still at the event."

No hay comentarios: