martes, 5 de enero de 2016

Sharapova and halep out of the Brisbane open 2016

Sharapova's announcement came just hours before she was to take the court for her opening match.

"I hurt my forearm in practice a couple of days ago and need to precautionarily withdraw, with the australian open starting in just a matter of time," Sharapova said. "This is such a special event for me, especially being the defending champion. I look forward to seeing all my fans in Brisbane next year."

Shortly after the Sharapova withdrew, the tournament's No.1 seed, halep , was also forced to pull out, due to a left leg injury. She was going to play her opening match on Wednesday.

"I had problems with my Achilles in August and September, and then I didn't feel it anymore, but now I've already had a couple of weeks again with the pain," Halep told reporters. "I thought I would be ready to play here, to start the year here in Brisbane, but I don't think that I can play a full match.

"I think it's more important to be ready and take a little bit of a break."

No hay comentarios: