lunes, 18 de enero de 2016

Halep vs Zhang. Order of play. 19 jan 2016

[2]  Simona halew (ROU #2) vs. [Q] Shuai Zhang (CHN # 132) 

Head-to-head: Halep leads, 1-0
Key Stat: Halep entered 2014 with a 10-14 record at the majors. She's gone 27-8 at Grand Slams in the last two seasons.

Despite being troubled by left Achilles soreness off and on for the last two weeks, No. 2 seed Halep told reporters over the weekend that she's in good stead. "I feel good now," she asserted. "I played many days without pain. So I feel ready to start and hopefully to be healthy till the end." If that's the case then Halep could very well make a deep run in Melbourne. The 24-year-old freely admits it is on her to-do list. "I think to win a Grand Slam, I don't know if it's going to happen this year, but this is my biggest goal," she told reporters on Sunday. Halep's opponent, Shuai Zhang, will certainly have her hands full with the world No. 2. She enters Melbourne with a 0-14 record in Grand Slam main draw matches, having won just two sets.

No hay comentarios: