lunes, 18 de enero de 2016

Wozniacki out into #1round #australianopen2016

Caroline wozniacki's australian open trend continues: The Dane earned her best result in Melbourne in 2011 when she made the semifinals. The top seed then, Wozniacki held a match point against Li na before losing in a tough three sets. It's been an unfortunate slide ever since.

2012: Quarterfinals
2013: Fourth round
2014: Third round
2015: Second round
2016: First round

Wozniacki couldn't hold off the feisty Yulia putintseva who rallied to knock of the Dane 1-6, 7-6(3), 6-4 in 3h12m.
A disappointed Wozniacki minced no words:

"I would say it's a pretty s****y start to the season," she told reporters. "It wasn't a pretty first set but I got it done and really should have closed it off in two. I let her back into the match, and it was basically my own fault that I'm not here as the winner."

No hay comentarios: