martes, 19 de enero de 2016

Ana ivanovic win, s over Patterson into australian open. #1round

Ana Ivanovic is back to winning ways at the Australian Open, exorcising the memory of her first-round exit in 2015 with a 6-2 6-3 win over Grand Slam debutant Tammi Patterson.

There were nervous moments for the No.20 seed, not least the service yips that have followed her to Melbourne once more. When it mattered, however, Ivanovic was simply in a different class to Patterson, who performed admirably on her Australian Open debut.

“It was really good to have a win today,” Ivanovic said. “I thought I played a quite solid match. I started well, tried to be aggressive and transfer what I worked on in my practice court onto the match court.

“It's never easy playing someone you faced for the first time. I haven't seen her play much before. I was really happy I managed to just stay calm and get breaks when it mattered.”

No hay comentarios: