jueves, 28 de enero de 2016

Serena Williams into final of the australian open 2016

Thursday, 28 January, 2016

“When I’m playing at my best, it’s difficult to beat me.”

It’s hard to argue against Serena Williams’ post-match assertion after she clubbed 42 winners to dispatch No.4 seed Agnieszka Radwanska 6-0 6-4 in their semifinal at Rod Laver Arena.

Williams has returned to the Tour refocused and re-energised, having taken a couple of months off from competitive action to recharge the batteries after a 2015 season in which she claimed three major titles and fell just two wins short of a calendar Grand Slam.

“For me it's just a great thing to be in the final after taking such a long time off,” said the world No.1, who has reached Saturday’s showpiece without dropping a set.

“I definitely think I needed the time off. I've been going and going and going for a long time. Been really going hard since probably before the Olympics in 2012. That's a long time.

“Whatever happens, I’m just kind of proud of myself for re-evaluating my game and trying to get better.”

No hay comentarios: