martes, 7 de octubre de 2014

Ivanovic wins over Parmentier into generali ladies linz 2014


From 3-3 in the first set against Pauline Parmentier, Ivanovic won the next three games to take the set, and from 2-1 down in the second set she reeled off five straight games to finish off her 6-3, 6-2 triumph. Ivanovic, champion in Osaka in 2008 and 2010 and runner-up in 2013, is now 21-4 here. 


Next up for her is American qualifier Madison Brengle. "It was a very good match for me," Ivanovic said. "I played well. I'm really happy to be back in Linz." Ivanovic, who has a WTA-leading 56 match wins this year, talked about her rise back up the rankings. "When I had all that success in the past, I felt a lot of stress," Ivanovic said.
"With experience and maturity, you realize you do something you love and there's no reason not to enjoy it. I love competition and challenges and tough matches, and I think that shows on and off the court. 
 "It's been my goal to reach the WTA Finals in Singapore. It's a great feeling to be back in the Top 8. But my dream is to win more Grand Slams. That is something you're remembered for."

No hay comentarios: