domingo, 12 de octubre de 2014

Alison Riske out-hit WTA Rising Star Belinda Bencic to win the inaugural edition of the Tianjin Open 2014.


But Riske regrouped just in time, holding serve then breaking once more to close it out, 6-3, 6-4. 

 "It's a huge accomplishment for me to win my first WTA title," Riske said after the match, "and I was here by myself, which made it even more special, just to know that I was able to do it by myself. "I hope I can keep up the momentum and try to compete every week as best as I can.
" Riske also showed an even more gracious side when asked about Bencic's second set fightback. "Obviously there was a little momentum change in the second set," she said, "but that was because Belinda upped her level at that point. She's been playing so well this year and has a really bright future ahead of her.
I knew coming into the match that it would be a battle and it really was." She was also asked about the tournament's motto: "Begin The Dream; Battle Your Heart". "I would look at it every day when I came in the door," the American said. "I was like, 'That's a really good saying.' I really liked it. 
And it's so true. It's just a great saying. "They should hang that at every tournament!"

No hay comentarios: