miércoles, 22 de octubre de 2014

nEWS BNP Paribas WTA Finals Singapore. SIMONA HALEP BLOG: THE BEST MATCH OF MY LIFE.


Halep was just too solid for Williams from all areas of the court, particularly early on, playing an almost flawless first set - she had three winners to just one unforced error in that first set, while Williams just couldn't get anything going, outbalancing four winners with a disastrous 18 unforced errors. 


 She eventually built a 6-0, 2-0 lead, and though Williams crept back into the match a little bit in the second set, the No.4-seeded Romanian calmly closed out the No.1-seeded American, 6-0, 6-2. 
 Halep not only got her first win over a World No.1, it was her first win over a Top 3 player. "I have no words to explain how I feel and how I felt on the court," Halep said afterwards.
"It was an amazing match for me. I played really well. I was aggressive, and after the first set I wasn't scared. I just continued the match, continued to hit the balls and stay close to the baseline, because I knew I didn't have a chance if I stayed back. 
I tried everything, and I was very relaxed during the match. 
 "Everything went very well for me today. I think it was the best match of my life." Just how big an achievement is this for Halep? "I think it's second after the final of the French Open," she said. "It's very important, but the final of Roland Garros was more important for me."

No hay comentarios: