miércoles, 1 de octubre de 2014

ALIZE CORNET WIN´S OVER DAVIS INTO CHINA OPEN 2014


The opening game against Davis hinted at another long outing, Cornet fending off a break point to hang onto her serve. However, these early exchanges proved to be deceiving. After pouncing on a couple of short second serves to open up a 2-0 lead, Cornet quickly raced away with the remainder of the set. 


Davis continued to struggle on serve in the second - she was broken to love twice - as Cornet emphatically closed out a 6-2, 6-1 win. On Monday, Cornet returned to the Top 20 after a five-year absence, following strong showings in Guangzhou and Wuhan. The cornerstone to this rise up the rankings has been her competitive spirit, something that has pulled her through several tough scrapes. "I just love the game. I love tennis, and I'm just a big competitor," Cornet said. "So I just like to be on court and fight and try to win every match, because that's why I'm playing tennis, to win matches and to try to be the best. "I have been like that since I was a little kid. The motivation has never been money, even though it could be a great motivation, but the love of the game has always come first."

No hay comentarios: