jueves, 24 de septiembre de 2015

Ana Ivanovic win´s over Giorgo in Toray Pan Pacific Open 2015.


Though she hasn't been higher than No.30 herself, Giorgi is 6-6 against Top 10 players, a tribute to the incredible upside to her power game, and something that always makes her a dangerous floater.


And there was certainly danger early on, as Giorgi broke at 15 in the very first game of the match - but Ivanovic broke right back and eventually broke a second time to sneak out the first set, 7-5. After dropping the first two games of the second set, the No.2-seeded Ivanovic went on a roll, winning the next six games in a row to close the match out, 7-5, 6-2, after an hour and 39 minutes. 
 She finished the match in style with her trademark shot - a screaming crosscourt forehand winner. "I'm obviously happy to have the victory tonight," Ivanovic said in her on-court interview. "It was a very tough match. She's playing well, and she generates so much power off her groundstrokes and serve. I really had to stay low because she has such a powerful game. I knew I had to stay composed in the first set, and then stay on top of her in the second set, because if you let her play ger game, she can play really well. I knew she would be dangerous so I'm happy I made it through."

No hay comentarios: