martes, 1 de septiembre de 2015

EUGENIE BOUCHARD IN PRESS CONFERENCE. #usopen2015, #1round

Q. This is an opponent you know well, and against whom you've had success. How much did that help you coming into today's match?
EUGENIE BOUCHARD: It did help me a little bit knowing I had a good record against her. At the same time, you know, all of our matches from the past don't mean anything 'cause it was a new match today. It was a new tournament. I know she's a tough fighter out there, so I had to kind of work for everything. I knew that going in. It was definitely a tough battle. It was pretty long for two sets.
Q. At this point, what does any one victory mean to you?
EUGENIE BOUCHARD: So much. (Smiling.) It's great to get one win. I'm just focused on one day at a time, one point, one match. You know, not looking ahead at all. Not getting ahead of myself. So, you know, every match means something to me. Yeah, I'm proud of myself for today. I just got to, you know, try to perform well in my next match.
Q. Did you think the Vinci loss was sort of exaggerated? She's kind of eccentric or different type of player, and she played well. That match, even on the outside looked like it was a pretty bad loss.
EUGENIE BOUCHARD: I mean, I've tried to erase that match from my memory. I don't even want to think about it.
Q. What have you learned in these last few months? It's been a continual rise up the rankings for you; this is the first rough patch for you. What has this taught you as a player and a person?
EUGENIE BOUCHARD: It has taught me that the journey towards success is not always easy or upwards, like it was for me last year. It happened for me last year and that was great, but I still have to go through the grind like every single player does. You know, just because I had success before doesn't mean I can just skip this whole process of all the steps. So, yeah, I just have to grind this year.

No hay comentarios: