domingo, 9 de marzo de 2014

MARIA SHARAPOVA IN 3 ROUND OF BNP PARIBAS OPEN 2014


Maria Sharapova began her title defense with confidence on Saturday at the BNP Paribas Open. She concluded the star-studded day session on Stadium 1 - featuring victories for Na Li, Andy Murray and Roger Federer - with a 6-1, 6-4 win over Germany’s Julia Goerges.
Sharapova did not face a break point on serve and converted on four of her eight opportunities for the 66-minute victory, improving to a 4-0 mark against the former World No. 15.
 "I have played really well here. I obviously hope to continue that," said Sharapova, who is chasing her third Indian Wells title. 
"You always start from scratch every year, but I always like to get here a little bit early and get used to the conditions. We are in a little bit of an altitude, not much, but the ball does fly somewhat in the first couple of days. 
 "But I felt like I was hitting and missed a lot of returns in the second set, which I should have made. But overall I feel like I did what I had to do and step up for the next ones." 
 Sharapova next faces Italian qualifier Camila Giorgi. The 22 year old knocked out No. 25 seed Sorana Cirstea 7-6(3), 6-3. Giorgi is making her Indian Wells debut.

No hay comentarios: