sábado, 22 de marzo de 2014

ANA IVANOVIC WIN, FLAVIA PENNETTA OUT, MIAMI 2014


IVANOVIC_PENNETTA 64 63
MATCH TIME: 1H 17 MIN
Pennetta, who won by far her biggest WTA title at Indian Wells, which was also a Premier Mandatory, came out strong - she broke in the first game and eventually led 3-1 - but the No.12-seeded Ivanovic roared back from there, winning 11 of the next 15 games to beat the No.20-seeded Italian, 64 63. Ivanovic has now won all five of the pair's career meetings - four of the five in straight sets. "Flavia has been playing some really good tennis lately. She's really on top of her form," Ivanovic said afterwards. "I expected a tough match today, and I'm really happy the way I played, especially at the end of the first set and in the beginning of the second set. I'm really happy to get this victory today." After winning Auckland and reaching the Australian Open quarterfinals to start the year, Ivanovic had cooled off a little bit over her last few tournaments - but she seems to be hitting peak form again. "Australia was such a great trip for me, but I didn't really stop after that. I didn't get a break, I was a little bit injured, I didn't have time to go home - just a few things going on, and I think I needed a break. "It's all about big picture though, and I'm feeling really good about my game right now."



No hay comentarios: