lunes, 10 de marzo de 2014

NEWS INDIAN WELLS: RADWANSKA, HALEP AND BOUCHARD IN FOURTH ROUND.


Agnieska Radwanska recorded just the 11th double bagel in women's BNP Paribas Open history on Sunday. The second seed, who is making her eighth appearance at the WTA Premier-level tournament, defeated past World No. 48 Annika Beck 6-0, 6-0 in 68 minutes, saving all seven break points she faced. Beck won just two of her service points in the first set. 
 Radwanska, bidding to lift her 14th WTA trophy, will next challenge Alize Cornet, who required three hours and 27 minutes to oust No. 14 seed Carla Suarez Navarro 6-7(4), 7-5, 6-3 for a place in the fourth round. 


 Simona Halep, the sixth seed, who is playing in Indian Wells at a career-high No. 7 in the WTA Rankings, reached the fourth round for the first time after she beat No. 26 seed Lucie Safarova 6-2, 4-6, 6-4 in just under two hours. Halep will next play No. 18 seed Eugenie Bouchard, who took out ninth seed Sara Errani 6-3, 6-3. 
 “Every time I go on the court I think I can win,” said Bouchard. “I'm happy with what I did today and I'm just going to look forward to my next match and another Top 10 player. 
I'm really excited. “[Halep's] definitely improved a lot. I think she's a really good, solid player. I'm excited to play her. I'm looking forward to playing against her game.”

No hay comentarios: