viernes, 14 de marzo de 2014

Li Na once again emerged victorious against Slovakian Dominika Cibulkova. Bnp Paribas Open 2014


In a rematch between this year’s Australian Open finalists, China’s Li Na once again emerged victorious against Slovakian Dominika Cibulkova. 
 While their Melbourne meeting ended with a second-set bagel for Li, Thursday’s quarterfinal match at the BNP Paribas Open proved to be far more competitive. The top seed needed to rally from behind in the third set, after losing her opening service game, to record the 6-3, 4-6, 6-3 victory after two hours and 36 minutes. "Here is different than Australia. Of course score should be different," said Li. "I think today she played more aggressive. I was feeling if I try to go back like a little bit she was trying to step in to hit the ball. Also I was feeling in the second set I think I dropped down a little bit and gave her more chance. She can get a lot of winners." The 32 year old improves to a 6-0 record against the 24-year-old Cibulkova, who was making her first appearance in the Indian Wells quarter-finals. "It was a pretty tough match today," said Cibulkova. 
"I'm just disappointed a little bit that I didn't win, because I had my chances today. You know, I was 1-0 up in my serve and I two balls or one ball to go for 2-0. Could have been a different story. And also the breaks I had on 3-all and 40/15. These are chances you get you have to take with such a player, and today I just didn't make it." Li matches her best result in the desert, a semi-final run in 2007 (l. to Hantuchova), and awaits the winner between American Sloane Stephens and Italian Flavia Pennetta, who play in the third match on Stadium 1. Li rated her happiness with her performance during this year's tournament as "half/half", and said there was still room for improvement. "I think still a little bit problem because the level cannot stay the same level from beginning to the end. A little bit drop, up. 
At least I got information, so I take it. I will improve my tennis to try to next day.

No hay comentarios: