miércoles, 19 de marzo de 2014

JELENA JANCOVIC BLOG. SONY OPEN TENNIS 2014



 There’s something to be said about a breezy mid-morning on the patio of a Key Biscayne hotel, with Biscayne Bay serving as the backdrop, to get one of the top women’s tennis players in the world, Jelena Jankovic, to open up over breakfast and palm trees.
Just ask away when it comes to Serbian, 28-year-old Jankovic, the No. 7 seed in the 2014 Sony Open Tennis at the Crandon Park Tennis Center. 
She served up everything from a determination to learn Spanish to a competitive drive on the court, which has her dreaming of being No. 1 again, during the WTA All-Access Hour, Wednesday morning at the Ritz-Carlton. 

 We know you speak English and French, but how is your Spanish coming along?
 JJ: Ha, ha, ha; I’m working on it, being in Miami is a great place to practice. 
Whenever I have extra time, I would like, my goal is to have conversation (with another person) and be able to carry it. Maybe, if I spend more time here I learn much faster. 

What is it about the Sony Open Tennis in Key Biscayne you enjoy the most? 
 JJ: I love the energy of the crowd and passion of everybody at the tournament. The conditions are unbelievable and I always enjoy (the tournament).I love the beach, but when I’m in Miami it’s because I’m practicing and playing. I wish I could stay more time. I have to see for a vacation when I have more time to come to Miami and enjoy the beach and other things. 

 What is something that most people might not know about you?
JJ: Most people don’t know I speak French. I went to French school as a kid. You know, the more languages, the better for me as a person to grow. The more languages I know is better for me in the future. 

What is your favorite cocktail?
JJ: I don’t drink any alcoholic beverages but like the sound of a mocktail! What is your go-to snack when you’re playing? JJ: I like cashew nuts a lot. I don’t know, I just enjoy them a lot.

By Fernie Ruano Jr.

No hay comentarios: