lunes, 3 de marzo de 2014

NEWS RANKING WTA 3 MARCH 2014. All-Time Most Weeks At No.1.


It's official - with the new WTA Rankings representing the two weeks of March 3 and March 10, 2014, Serena Williams will spend her 178th and 179th weeks as the No.1 player in the world, which means she will pass her childhood idol, Monica Seles, for fifth place on the all-time list for weeks at No.1. "I never dreamed of this," Williams told wtatennis.com. "I remember when I passed her on the Grand Slams list it was really huge for me, because when you grow up watching someone and you're thinking, 'Oh my God, oh my God, they're so awesome,' to then be on their level is just pretty amazing. "I never thought it would happen. I never even thought about it, really." Just how much did Williams look up to Seles? 


 "Monica was my favorite player - I think she was pretty much everyone's favorite player," she said. "I wanted to be like her. I wanted to do everything like her. I even styled my grunt after hers - I kind of changed it and made it my own. But Monica always inspired me - I've always loved Monica." 



 All-Time Most Weeks At 

No.1 Steffi Graf (377) 
Martina Navratilova (332) 
Chris Evert (260) 
Martina Hingis (209) 
Serena Williams (178 & 179 this fortnight) 
Monica Seles (178)

No hay comentarios: