lunes, 7 de agosto de 2017

Madison keys conquer's of the bank of the west classic 2017

STANFORD, CA, USA
Madison Keys became the ninth American all-time to win the Bank of the West Classic in Stanford on Sunday, as she edge compatriot CoCo Vandeweghe to win her third career title, 7-6(4), 6-4. 

With two wrist surgeries over the past year, Keys had won just five matches all season coming into the week in Stanford, but won her last eight sets of the tournament across four matches to lift the trophy.
"I just knew that if I kept hanging in on my service games, hopefully I would have a chance to break," Keys said. "I felt really calm, and I didn't feel any nerves until like 30-0 in the last game serving. I kind of went in with feeling no pressure, in a weird way. She's had an amazing season and lots of matches, and I just knew what I needed to do and kind of stayed focused on that.
"It hasn't been the easiest season, but it finally feels like I'm on the right track and feeling good about my tennis again. It feels amazing to have a title at home and on hard courts. I'm really, really happy that this is kind of the start of my US Open Series."

No hay comentarios: