domingo, 28 de mayo de 2017

Mónica Puig win's over vinci into first round of the French open 2017

Monica Puig secured her first win over wily Italian Roberta Vinci to move into the Roland-Garros second round.
The Olympic champion prevailed 6-3, 3-6, 6-2 despite a series of nasty tumbles onto the red dirt that reduced her to tears as the emotions were released following match point.
“It's no surprise that I haven't had the most amazing year. I tend to put a lot of pressure on myself, and when you get to a Grand Slam it's just a different feel,” admitted Puig. “You want to do well. You want to pass rounds. You want to have some big wins. I've never beaten Roberta in competition before, and she's such a tough player, especially on the clay.
“Today was just all about the heart and the fight and just I was willing to go the extra mile to win. I'm just glad that at the end I was able to maintain my composure and close it out.”

No hay comentarios: