jueves, 18 de mayo de 2017

Maria Sharapova accepts Birmingham 2017 WC

BIRMINGHAM, Great Britain
Five-time Grand Slam Champion Maria Sharapova has today been named as the first of seven main draw singles wild cards for this summer’s British WTA grass court events organised by the Lawn Tennis Association (LTA). The former World No.1 will play the Aegon Classic Birmingham for the first time in seven years, and has committed to playing both the 2017 and 2018 events.

“I am really excited to be coming back to Birmingham this year to play on the grass as part of my build up to Wimbledon and I thank the LTA for this opportunity," Sharapova said in a statement.
"I have some great memories of playing there over the years, including winning the title on two previous occasions.  I am looking forward to seeing all the recent improvements the tournament has made to establish itself as one of the best grass court events in the world.”

No hay comentarios: