lunes, 10 de agosto de 2015

Sloane Stephens capture the first WTA title of her career. Citi Open 2015. #summer2015


WTA Rising Star Sloane Stephens capped a breakthrough week at the Citi Open on Sunday, outslugging Anastasia Pavlyuchenkova to win the first WTA title of her career. 

Before this week, Stephens had never even reached a WTA final - in fact the World No.35 was the only player in the Top 40 never to achieve the feat. But she finally shook that tag with a semifinal win over the No.2 seed, Samantha Stosur, and then cruised past Pavlyuchenkova in her first final, 6-1, 6-2. 

 "I just went out there and tried to play the best I could," Stephens told reporters afterwards. "I think I executed my game very well today - it was just a really good day for me.
" A former World No.11, Stephens will now move back into the Top 30 on the new WTA Rankings. "It's great to win this first title - I haven't even thought about my next goal yet," Stephens said.
"First I'm going to celebrate, though! I'm going to the Ethiopian restaurant I've been going to all week.

No hay comentarios: