lunes, 10 de agosto de 2015

Angelique Kerber wins over Karolina Pliskova in the Bank Of The West Classic 2015


For two hours and seven minutes the two players put on a show in front of an enthralled center court crowd, Pliskova the aggressor with her huge serve and easy power off the ground and Kerber's rock solid lefty game sending just about everything back across the net, with some interest, of course. 
 In the end it was Kerber's cleaner numbers that came through, though - she put together a +13 differential of winners to unforced errors, 27 to 14. 
And while Pliskova had nearly twice as many winners on the day, she just wasn't in the positive - she had an even 52 winners to 52 unforced errors. One last forehand error from No.4 seed Pliskova handed No.5 seed Kerber a 6-3, 5-7, 6-4 victory. 



 "I would first of all like to congratulate Angie," Pliskova told the crowd in her on-court speech. "She's a really great player. I actually just told her that I don't want to play her anymore in finals - she's 2-0 against me in finals now, so hopefully the next time I can play against somebody else!" 


 "I want to say well done to Karolina for a great week," Kerber said.
"We always have tough battles when we play each other - you're a great tennis player and a great person, and I wish you all the best in Toronto next week. And actually I think we'll have more finals against each other in the future!"

No hay comentarios: