lunes, 17 de agosto de 2015

BELINDA BENCIC CONQUERS OF THE ROGERS CUP 2015.


As she took out marquee name after marquee name - Eugenie Bouchard, Caroline Wozniacki, Sabine Lisicki, Ana Ivanovic and, in an electric semifinal match on Saturday night, Serena Williams - Bencic became more and more of a crowd favorite as the week went on, and as she would say to the fans in her trophy speech, "Even if I lost today it would've been an amazing experience thanks to all of you." But there was no letdown whatsoever in Sunday's final as Bencic stayed with the tenacious Halep for exactly two and a half hours before it all became just too much for the No.2-seeded Romanian, who succumbed to heat illness - Bencic would eventually win by retirement, 7-6(5), 6-7(4), 3-0. 



 "I don't think I'm so good at speeches yet!" Bencic said in her trophy speech. 
"But first I want to congratulate Simona on a great week, and my mom, my dad and my team. And my fitness coach - I really needed my fitness today! And also Melanie Molitor, my coach - a big thank you to you too. 
 "And of course a big thank you to all the crowd. You were amazing in every match this week.
It's just been such a special tournament, and I'll never forget it - I can't wait to come back next year."

No hay comentarios: