jueves, 20 de agosto de 2015

Ana Ivanovic into Quarters of the Cincinnati 2015. Stephens out


Stephens, who had already taken out one Top 10 player earlier in the tournament, No.10-ranked Carla Suarez Navarro, was trying to beat two Top 10 players at the same tournament for the first time. And after cruising through the first set, 6-2, she was just two games away at 4-all in the second set, though getting to that point may have taken a lot out of her. Serving at 3-4, Stephens finally held for 4-all after a 34-point, 20-minute game, and it seemed like the perfect time to steal the momentum. 

 But Ivanovic stole it first - the No.6-seeded Serb ran away with the next seven games in a row to take the second set, 6-4, and go up 5-0 in the third. She eventually closed it out, 2-6, 6-4, 6-1. 
 The World No.9 was asked about that marathon 4-3 game in the second set. 
 "First of all, I do not want to know how many break points I had in that game!" she said. 
 "But I really just tried to push her, and push myself, in that game. Even if I lost the game in the end, I served well in the next game and stayed mentally strong after that, so I'm happy about that.
" Ivanovic was also asked about the surging Stephens, who was six points from the win at one point.

No hay comentarios: