domingo, 30 de agosto de 2015

PETRA KVITOVA CONQUERS NEW HAVEN 2015


After a marathon 66-minute opening set, which the No.4-seeded Safarova clinched on her third set point in the tie-break, Kvitova shifted gears completely, needing just 73 minutes to race through the next two sets - in the end the No.2-seeded Czech cruised to victory and the title, 6-7(6), 6-2, 6-2. 


"I think the first set was still a good set for me. I was just trying to keep holding my serve, and I had a chance to break, but I just couldn't take it," Kvitova said. "But when I lost it I just tried to continue playing like I was, staying aggressive and trying to take my chances, and it kept getting better. "I started getting more chances to break her and I was happy I could take those opportunities." 


 "She was really putting a lot of pressure on my serve. She was really going for it," Safarova said. 
"I played really well in the first set but afterwards I think I made a few mistakes in the important moments, and she just kept playing better and better. By the end she just wasn't making any mistakes."

No hay comentarios: