sábado, 23 de agosto de 2014

Sabine Lisicki was presented with a certificate by Guinness World Records following her 131mph serve earlier this summer.


Sabine Lisicki's serve has brought her plenty of wins and plenty of accolades down the years. 

Earlier this summer, it also brought her a record, as she hit the fastest serve of all time, during her first round match at the Bank of the West Classic against Ana Ivanovic. The 131mph delivery saw her overtake the mark set by previous record holder Venus Williams, who hit a 129mph serve at the 2007 US Open. And to recognize the achievement, which has since been confirmed by both the WTA and SMT/IDS (SportsMEDIA Technology Information Display Systems), Lisicki was presented with a certificate by Guinness World Records' Kimberley Partrick on Friday. "It's an honor to achieve a Guinness World Records title for the fastest serve," Lisicki said. "I've worked very hard on my serve from a young age, and I consider it a weapon. It's great to be recognized for my hard work, and I will continue to focus on improving my serve."

No hay comentarios: