viernes, 29 de agosto de 2014

JELENA JANCOVIC IN PRESS CONFERENCE. US OPEN 2014


Q. What was going on with that fan in the upper deck?
JELENA JANKOVIC: Which one?

Q. The one who was yelling and you told him to be quiet?
JELENA JANKOVIC: I didn't tell anyone to be quiet. Which one?

Q. You told the umpire to tell him to be quiet, and then he said something again and he said he didn't hear you.
JELENA JANKOVIC: No, no, no. It was the people that were talking up there. There was no fan. It was just some people were being loud, and that's all.

Q. There was a fan who wanted a picture.
JELENA JANKOVIC: No, there was a funny one who was like, Hey, turn around. I want a picture of you. I was walking. And then another time after a couple of games, he goes, again, Hey, turn around. I need a picture. That's basically it. But I didn't tell anyone to -- just people, some people were being loud up there and moving. So just to that's all.

Q. To get in a match like that in the beginning of the tournament in under an hour, how good do you feel about the match today and in general about the way you're playing in the early stages?
JELENA JANKOVIC: Yeah, it was nice actually to get out of the court quite fast. You know, it's quite hot out there. I woke up early. It's my first match at 11:00, so, you know, I wanted to get the job done as soon as possible. I was very focused from the beginning till the end. I played a solid match. I did not -- I was very patient. I did not go for too much. I waited for my chances to execute. That's what I did. I'm pretty pleased. You know, I'm in the fourth round and looking forward to playing.

Q. You didn't double fault at all today. A lot of the women in particular, the top women, are having trouble with double faults. Do you think there's a reason for that that you can think of?
JELENA JANKOVIC: Yeah, I don't know. You know, it depends on your serve. There are days when I double fault, too. Today I did not, like you said. You know, it's quite windy out there. You have to be, you know, alert and kind of, you know, pay attention to where your ball is going and it's moving, you know, through the air. You've got to time it well. So I did not go for, you know, really big serves. Like maybe I go and I hit those flat ones. I put a little bit more spin, so it's a little bit more, you know, secure and try to get a lot of first serves in. That's today, you know. But when the conditions are a little bit different, then I do, you know, some other things with my serve. But I cannot comment on other people. It depends on the stroke. Some girls have great serves; some girls have, you know, some other strokes better than others. You know, that's part of the game. You cannot have every stroke in tennis.

Q. Is it psychological or physical, do you think?
JELENA JANKOVIC: It's both. It's both. You have to believe in your shot anyway. No matter how good your shot is, you have to believe in it. If you don't, doesn't matter how well you hit it. If you believe it's going to go in it's going to help you on a big point, that you can go for it and believe that it's going to land on the line.

Q. You have been in a lot of Grand Slam tournaments. Do you like the way that you're positioned right now the way you're playing? I know you want to take one match at a time. You potentially have a very difficult one coming up.
JELENA JANKOVIC: Yeah, I'm feeling pretty good. I'm looking forward, you know, to playing and hopefully going far. You know, I'm going one match at a time. My next opponent will be tough. I feel hungry. I want to do well again. You know, I love playing the US Open. I had a lot of deep rounds here. It's my favorite Grand Slam. I love the energy that this tournament has. The surface suits my game. The weather. I enjoy it, you know. I love being here. I would love to do well. So we'll see. I'll try my best.

No hay comentarios: