lunes, 11 de agosto de 2014

RADWANSKA CONQUERS MONTREAL 2014. PRESS CONFERENCE.


This one went in that same direction. From the start Radwanska had Williams on edge with her court craft and tireless retrieving, forcing Williams into error after error. 



There were times Williams looked like she would creep back into the match - she cut a 4-1 deficit in the first set to 4-3 and had points to make it 4-all, and after Radwanska moved ahead 2-0 in the second set Williams did catch up to 2-all. But at the end of the day Radwanska was just too steady point to point and game to game, and after just an hour and 21 minutes the World No.5 had her first WTA title of the 2014 season, 6-4, 6-2. The numbers for the match tell the story. While Williams' game went somewhat awry, 25 winners to 41 unforced errors, Radwanska was as tidy as could be with 12 winners to just eight unforced errors. But Williams was still thrilled with her week and shared that with the fans at the trophy ceremony.


 "First off I have to say wow, this is the first time I've ever won a match in Canada since I turned professional 20 years ago - I never imagined I would get to the finals of this tournament," Williams said. "And I have to congratulate Agnieszka on a wonderful tournament and a wonderful final," she continued. "I can't wait until we play again - I'm sure that will be many, many times in the future." The WTA legend then hinted she would even be back again in 2016. "I'll see you soon - I guess in a couple of years, right?" Radwanska echoed the compliments right back at Williams. "Venus, I just want to say great match - not just today, but it was a whole week of great tennis," she said. "And I had a really amazing week this week too. I've been playing here for years, a couple of times I made the semifinals, and I kept trying and trying, and now I've finally done it.

No hay comentarios: