sábado, 19 de abril de 2014

VEKIC VS CIBULKOVA INTO FINAL OF BMW MALASYAN OPEN 2014

DONNA VEKIC

KUALA LUMPUR, Malaysia 
Dominika Cibulkova and Donna Vekic rallied from a set down in the semifinals of the BMW Malaysian Open to set up an intriguing clash for the title at the International stop. Watch live action from Kuala Lumpur this week on WTA Live powered by TennisTV! The No.7-seeded Vekic was the first of the two to advance, dropping the first set in just 21 minutes but going right to work from there, jumping out to a 5-0 lead in the second set and 2-0 in the third en route to a 16 63 64 victory over No.2 seed Zhang Shuai. It was the pair's first career meeting. "It was actually funny - in the first three games I think I won just one point," Vekic said.
"I was so shocked. She played very well, but I was just a bit lost on the court - it was a bit embarrassing. "At the end of the first set I thought, 'Are you going to start playing or are you going to break Tomic's record for quickest match?' I'm happy I managed to turn it around there. I started hitting it a little bit harder and attacking her forehand a little more, and she started making some mistakes. "I was able to keep fighting today and I'm glad I managed to come back and win the match." Vekic is now through to the third WTA final of her career, having finished runner-up in her previous two at Tashkent in 2012 (to Irina-Camelia Begu) and Birmingham in 2013 (to Daniela Hantuchova).
 "It's amazing, because I didn't have a great start to the year," Vekic commented. "Until a couple of weeks ago I couldn't win a match, and now I'm in another final. So I'm really happy about that.

No hay comentarios: