viernes, 4 de abril de 2014

THE NEW TOP TEN: DOMINIKA CIBULKOVA WTA BLOG


After years of beating Top 10 players - 22 to be exact - on tennis courts around the world, it's finally over: Dominika Cibulkova has finally become one of the Top 10 players in the world herself. With a phenomenal first three months of 2014 that has seen her reach her first Grand Slam final at the Australian Open, win her fourth WTA title in Acapulco and go very deep at the first two Premier Mandatories of the year, Indian Wells and Miami, Cibulkova broke into the Top 10 for the first time this week, rising from No.11 to No.10. And she has little to defend until the summer hardcourt season. 
Cibulkova clinched the Top 10 debut with a quarterfinal victory over Agnieszka Radwanska in Miami. "Everyone was always asking me about making the Top 10 and everything," she said. "I would just say to them, 'Okay, if I should be there, I will be there. If I shouldn't be there, I won't be there.' "Now I'm there - so it's finally over." It's rare that a player collects 22 wins over Top 10 players before making the Top 10 themself, but Cibulkova admitted that before this year she struggled to back up some of her breakthrough wins. 


 "Before my game was up and down. I could beat great players, but then I wouldn't keep playing like that all the time. I didn't know how to keep the consistency. But now I feel like my game is there, I'm a more mature person mentally and also on the court. 
And I have a lot of confidence right now." The Top 10 breakthrough almost perfectly coincides with the launch of Cibulkova's clothing line, Domi, "We launched right when I got back from Australia," Cibulkova said. "Everybody was like, 'Oh, now she does a clothing line,' but we were planning the clothing line for a year and a half. It wasn't easy!

No hay comentarios: