jueves, 24 de abril de 2014

Agnieszka Radwanska Wta Blog. Porsche Tennis Grand Prix 2014


On how her shoulder is doing...
 "It's still okay! But of course clay courts aren't as good for your shoulder as hardcourts. You have to push a little bit more than on hardcourts. And I played two matches on Sunday, which is a lot, and it was on Spanish clay and it was raining, so it was really heavy conditions. It was a tough weekend." 

 On Stuttgart... 
"It's always been a great tournament. I think it's one of the best tournaments of the year. You can see the draw is always so tough - the last player is No.28, I think. It's obviously one of the first big tournaments of the clay court season, so it's a good place to start. I'm really looking forward to it." 



 On transitioning to clay..
"I just started playing again on clay last week. I was playing on hardcourts until a few weeks ago. It will be tough, but I think I'm playing good tennis this year, so I hope I'll get used to it fast." 

 On her goals for this year's clay court season... 
"Well I didn't have great results on clay last year. I don't really have any points to defend until Paris. So Rome, Madrid, here - if I do well, hopefully I can jump one more step in the rankings maybe." 

 On if she feels she's catching up to Serena in experience, while Serena's getting older...
 "I feel like I'm getting more experienced now, but I don't feel like she's getting older, unfortunately! She's still in great shape. Whenever I play her she's playing like a 20-year-old, moving well and hitting the ball really hard. It's hard to do anything against her. I'm trying and trying, and then it's over! "But there are some years between us. One day I'll be playing, and her, probably not!" 

 On the one player, ATP or WTA, she would never let babysit her child (hypothetically)...
 "I've been around playing tennis for so many years, I never thought I'd hear a new question! Ummm... I don't know... I think they all seem very like responsible people... I think Jerzy Janowicz maybe?!" When asked why... "He'd probably watch it for five minutes, then forget he's babysitting the kid."

No hay comentarios: