sábado, 5 de abril de 2014

NEWS FAMILY CIRCLE CUP: SEMI-FINALS, 5 APRIL 2014


[6] Genie Bouchard (CAN) vs. [14] Andrea Petkovic (GER), 1 pm, Stadium Court These two have matched up twice in their career, most recently this last fall, a match which Petkovic had to come from behind to win 2-6, 7-5, 6-1 in Luxembourg. 
Bouchard has only improved since then and is riding the confidence of two massive wins over Venus Williams and Jelena Jankovic this week, but will be the favorite in this match. That will play a factor as the tournament is now seen as anyone’s up for grabs, and there is no doubt that it is Petkovic who has the most experience of these four players, having formerly been in the top 10. “[Playing Genie] is a big challenge for me, especially now coming back from all the injuries and getting through the tough matches, and I'm playing well,” said Petkovic, who has been out of the sport for fits and spurts over the last two years. “It's going to be another good match, I think, and I'm really looking forward to it.” 


Jana Cepelova (SVK) vs. [Q] Belinda Bencic (SUI), second match, Stadium Court Both Cepelova and Bencic come in with a wave of confidence having scored multiple upsets, but it might be the 17-year-old from Switzerland who is a bit spent. Bencic has played six matches in seven days, including a long three-setter against Sara Errani Friday afternoon. 
Cepelova, on the other hand, breezed by countrywoman Daniela Hantuchova. “This is the first time I’ve played [Bencic]. I don't know really much (about) her,” said Cepelova, who is without her coach this week. “I would like to be 100 percent prepared and be physically and [mentally] ready, and I would like to play my game and try my best.”

No hay comentarios: